Effective Date: 05/01/2018
Website: www.benefitsbd.com and all related sub-domains
We are committed to the protection of Your privacy while You use Our Website.
- OWNER: Owner is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Website and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Owner shall be referred to either by Owner’s name or “Owner,” as listed above. If Owner or Owner’s property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: Us, We, Our, Ours, etc.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: “Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Website.
Modifications and Revisions
How Information Is Collected
Depending on how You use Our Website, You will be subject to different types of information collected and different manners of collection:
- Automatic Tracking: We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) and/or through information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Website.
- Registered Users: You, as a User of the Website, may be asked to register in order to use the Website in a legal manner.
During the process of Your registration, We will collect some of the following Personal Information from You through Your voluntary disclosure:
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Such information may be considered identifying information. We will not, however, collect any identifying information without Your voluntary disclosure.
Personal Information may be asked for in relation to:
- Interaction with Our representatives in any way
- Receiving notifications by text message or email
Receiving general emails from Us
- Unregistered Users: If You are a passive User of the Website and do not register at all, You may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- All Users: The Passive Data Collection which applies to Unregistered Users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of Our Website.
- Employers, health plans, and other vendors. We may also collect and use information provided to Us by Your employer or other third-party vendors for the purpose of providing services to Your employer and to You and Your family members. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by these entities nor are We responsible for third party privacy practices and policies.
- Related Entities: We may share Your Personal Information, including Personal Information that identifies You personally, with any of Our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information, such as Your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through Your voluntary disclosure.
- User Experience: From time to time We may request information from You to assist Us in improving Our Website, such as demographic information or Your particular preferences.
- Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of Your Personal Information in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update Our Website for Your and other consumers’ use.
We may also share such aggregated information with others, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any information that identifies You personally.
We may utilize third party service providers (“Third Party Service Providers”), from time to time or all the time, to help Us with Our Website, to help Us provide Our services, and to help Us serve You.
Here are some examples of how We may utilize Third Party Service Providers:
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers in order to help Us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Website. In this instance, the Third Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Information.
- We may use a Third Party Service Provider for processing payments
- We may use a Third Party Service Provider for mail fulfillment services
- We may share Your Personal Information with your health plan, insurance carrier, or other similar vendor or with medical providers
We will not sell or rent Your Personal Information to anyone without Your consent.
Social Security Number Protection
It is our policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers (SSNs) that we receive or collect when conducting business. We protect the confidentiality of SSNs through a variety of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards, and by limiting access to SSNs to personnel who must have this information to perform their job functions. Unlawful disclosure of SSNs is prohibited.
Protected Health Information
We may perform services for entities subject to HIPAA (a “covered entity”) or state health information privacy laws, and we may receive Protected Health Information (PHI) in the course of providing these services. We treat all PHI in a manner consistent with our obligations under HIPAA, any applicable state health information privacy laws, and any contractual obligations to the covered entity or other applicable party.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website.
We do not look for or respond to “do not track” signals.
We may, from time-to-time, request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services or this website.
How Information Is Stored
We take industry-standard precautions to protect Your Personal Information. When You submit sensitive information via the Website, Your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever We collect sensitive Personal Information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to Us in a secure way.
While We use encryption to protect sensitive Personal Information transmitted online, We also protect Your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees undergo annual privacy and security training. Any employee who violates Our privacy and security policies is subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
The computers and servers in which We store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
While We take industry standard measures to protect Your Personal Information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot and do not guarantee its absolute security. By submitting information to this site, You agree that You are aware of the risks, and You agree that Benefit Solutions by Design, LLC (including our affiliates and vendors, and all owners, directors, employees, and agents) is not responsible for any consequence of illegal or unauthorized acts by third parties, including but not limited to hacking or similar crimes.
How Information Is Used
Personal Information that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- Improving Your personal user experience
- Communicating with You about Your user account with Us
- Providing customer service to You
- Advising You about updates to the Website or related items
- Marketing and advertising to You, including via email
We remove identifying information from customer accounts and then aggregate and summarize that information to better understand how our customers use their accounts and our services. This information is non-personal and does not identify who you are.
We may share this aggregated demographic information with partners and advertisers from time to time.
Disclosure of Information
Additionally, We may disclose Your Personal Information if We believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in Our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- To respond to requests, such as discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- As may be necessary for the operation of Our Website
- To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation of Our Users
- If We suspect any fraudulent activity on Our Website or if We have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Opting Out of Communications from Us
From time to time, We may send You informational or marketing communications related to Our Website such as announcements or other information. If You wish to opt-out of such communications, You may send your request to email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though You may opt-out of such communications, You may still receive information from Us that is specifically about Your use of Our Website or about Your account with Us.
By providing any Personal Information to us, or by using Our Website in any manner, You have created a commercial relationship with Us. As such, You agree that any email sent from Us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Modifying Your Information
You may be able to update certain elements of your information through your online account or by contacting our account management team
Acceptance of Risk
By continuing to Our Website in any manner, You acknowledge, agree and accept that no transmission of information or data via the Internet is always completely secure, no matter what steps are taken. You acknowledge, agree and accept that We do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information that You provide to Us, and that You transmit such information at Your own risk.
This Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. However, we may receive information about individuals under the age of 13 in the course of providing our services. This information may be provided to us by employers, parents, guardians, or other appropriate parties. If you are aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us so we can take the appropriate action.
Data Processed in The United States
Benefit Solutions by Design, LLC, is a U.S.-based company, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different than the data protection laws in your country of residence. If you are accessing our website or using our services from outside of the U.S., please be aware that doing so constitutes your consent to the collection, storage, forward transfer, and processing of this information, including personal information, in the U.S.